Silk Canada is helping our environment and you should be too! Reducing our carbon footprint is something that more and more families are becoming aware of in order to help aid the environment we are leaving to our children. Some of the things our family does to help reduce waste and space in our landfills:
- Recycle all materials in our blue bin (glass, water bottles, newspapers, boxes, wood and more)
- Walking instead of driving to the park, out to play-dates
- Using energy efficient appliances like my dishwasher and microwave
- Turning off the lights in our home to conserve energy and turning off things we aren’t using at the electric box
- Using a community garden to plant fruits and vegetables we use
- Always washing our clothes in cold water not hot water
Those just a few ways we help to improve our environment and keep things moving GREEN which is important to us. It’s also important that as a family we choose products and companies that support our initiative in being healthy and supportive of our environment. That’s why we love companies like Silk Canada.
When you visit the Silk Canada facebook page you will find a whole slew of recommendations for helping reduce your carbon footprint and you can even pledge to help make a difference. Silk Canada has teamed up with Tree Canada to create a Carbon Calculator which asks us as Canadians to pledge.
- We pledged to lessen our shower times to help conserve water
- We pledged to recycle more materials weekly
- We pledged to reduce our bottle water consumption (we purchased a water filter to help)
- This was the result we got after pledging.
That’s pretty fantastic eh! The page helps to calculate each pledge and how it can help you make a different. Not bad, now if only many more friends and family members would jump on board. You can too by making the pledge. For every pledge made Silk Canada will donate an additional dollar to Tree Canada to help plant more trees!
So take the pledge today and help plant more trees, help save our planet, help reduce your carbon footprint. And leave a comment below telling us what you are already doing as your part to help keep our homes and our lives cleaner…