One thing I have come to realize about having a teenager is that clothes become important. Teens love fashion and want to look their best when among their peers. And now teens with a passion for fashion are challenged to harness their creativity for an opportunity to earn a tuition scholarship and be named winner in The Art Instititues Passion for Fashion Competition 2013.
- Two winners will get the grand prize, a half-tuition scholarship to attend the Art Institutes school and harness their creative skills
- Free VIP trip to New York City the headquarters of the fashion industry to participate in a “meet and greet” at Seventeen magazines New York City offices
- Lunch with a Seventeen Style Pro
- $500 shopping spree at DKNY with the Seventeen Style Pro
- $500 gift card to shop anywhere in the Big Apple!
“It is our distinct honor to present the eighth annual Passion for Fashion Competition. We believe the competition serves as a vehicle where aspiring fashion professionals can express their zeal for an industry that is both dynamic and rewarding. It is a fun opportunity for high school seniors to showcase their creative ideas for the opportunity to earn a scholarship towards a hands-on fashion education,” said John Pufahl, Vice President, Academic Affairs for The Art Institutes.
1.) Fashion Design — must submit (3) original sketches of an evening wear garment 2.) Fashion Marketing and Merchandising and Retail Management — Must submit a fashion trend forecast board. Each entrant must choose the Art Institutes schoolthey wish to represent in the competition and then later attend. Local competitions will take place at each partipating Art Institutes school throughout the US and Canada.
- $3,000 tuition scholarship to the Art Institute they represent in the competition.
- Local first place in each category will move on to the national competition where the grand prize winner will be chosen by a panel of fashion industry professionals.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.