I don’t know about you, but for me one of the “To Do” items on my list for the new year approaching is to “Get Healthier!” and that means making a plan for myself. How about you?
Many Canadians frown at the idea of taking a journey towards a healthier lifestyle and to them the task can seem quite daunting. But this journey won’t happen overnight, nor does it have to be grueling or overwhelming. What I told myself was I just need to take “baby steps” and focus on making one small, sustainable healthy choice on a regular basis. Then each choice I make will put me one step closer and add up to make a larger impact on obtaining my goals.
Healthy Choice Canada Wants You to Make the Choice to Pledge To Getting Yourself Healthier Over the Holidays!
To help kick-start this new freedom to get healthy, Healthy Choice Canada is aiming to motivate Canadians to take the Healthy Choice Pledge. All you have to do is visit Facebook.com/HealthyChoiceCanada and sign up through the online application. The app suggests a simple, healthy choice made every day that you can complete to help you and me stay comitted to your Pledge.
Tips & Ideas to Get Healthy (Body, Mind and Spirit)
- Scheduling a regular date night with your partner or friends.
- Making it a point to leave work early one night a week to spend extra quality time with family
- Swap out pop or juice for an extra glass of water per day
- Add one veggie or green salad to every meal you cook for your family
Healthy Choice Canada wants to inspire Canadians to participate to get healthy and prove that one great choice can lead to another. So in the spirit of giving, Healthy Choice Canada is giving away $75,000 to three national charities. Each pledge made can be dedicated to one of the following charities.
- Breakfast Clubs of Canada
- Kids Help Phone
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
I think that is a great idea! I can make a pledge to get healthy and help a charity to boot! Community giving is so very important and getting healthy doesn’t just mean the body. Getting Healthy also means improve your mind and spirit and what better way to do that than to give something of yourself to something as important as this!
The Pledge Prize Package is worth $200 and is only open for Canadian residents. It includes:
– Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers coupons to get that freezer stocked with some healthy choices
– A Healthy Choice t-shirt and water bottle
– A pedometer and athletic headband
– A journal to keep track of your goals
– A Vitamin E Skin Care Kit
– A $40 Cineplex gift card to schedule a movie date with a family member or friend
– A $25 iTunes gift card to download your favourite tunes and get dancing
– A $20 Chapters gift card so you can spend some time relaxing with a good read
a Rafflecopter giveaway