[stextbox id="custom"]Disclosure: I’m part of the Cottonelle for Moms Brand Ambassador campaign. All opinions are 100% my own. [/stextbox]
Being a special needs mom, I have talked about many issues surrounding raising my son Trace and the hurdles we’ve had to overcome. I hope that he realizes that in sharing his stories, it is not meant to embarrass him, put him down or label him but to help others. In our house we embrace our differences, and part of being different means sometimes we have to talk about things that are uncomfortable – like wiping our bums.
Trace has sensory disorder, and if you don’t know what that is: well you aren’t alone. It basically means that his senses are heightened and he feels everything — sometimes all at once. Trace doesn’t like dirty hands, even worse a dirty bum. We can go through roll after roll of toilet paper just so he can feel clean. So when Cottonelle introduced their newest product, flushable cleansing wipes. Our bum talks turned into something fun!
Me: “Tell mommy why you love using your wipes?”
Trace: “Because they clean my bum!”
Me: “How do you use them?”
Trace: “Well I use my wipes, just one, and then a little bit of toilet paper.”
Me: “Do you like how they make you feel?”
Trace: “Yes, because I don’t like poop!”
Poop is gross and having a clean bum is important as we all know. Trace has many uses for Cottonelle’s Flushable Wipes that go beyond just using them to get rid of the unwanted potty messes. In fact he uses flushable wipes for many things that might surprise you.
- Cleaning the bathroom mirrors. I came into the bathroom and caught Trace using a wipe on the mirror and my mirrors were sparkling with a shine.
- Washing his Hot Wheel cars. After playing at the park, Trace’s cars get really dirty. He grabs a wipe and clean them all down, like a shammy the wipes help make his cars sparkle!
- Washing his hands. Trace prefers using wipes to wash his hands and face clean. I carry a small ziploc bag of wipes in my purse in case a sticky finger situation arises. Nobody likes sticky fingers.
- Washing our jeep dashboard. Trace loves grabbing a wipe to wash the dust and dirt off the dash when we clean the jeep. The wipes are flushable so when we are done, we simple throw them in the toilet and flush!
Why We Love Cottonelle Flushable Wipes
- Break up after flushing
- Sewer- and septic-safe
- OneTouch* dispensing tub
- Great for the entire family
How Safe Are They?
There’s been a ton of talk on Cottonelle’s Facebook page, concerning how safe the flushable wipes are for our sewer systems. I have an older toilet, and I can verify I have had no issues with these wipes. But for those concerned — Kimberly Clark the maker of Cottonelle has broken down the tests done to ensure these wipes are completely flushable and safe to use in your home.