Growing up as a kid whenever I felt down or sick, mom always made homemade stew. Now that I’m older and my own kids get a fever or chill or simply want something hearty to eat. It’s my turn to do my own take on what tastes like home. I will admit I cheat when making this slow cooker recipe. Campbell’s Chunky Slow Cooker Stew.
Campbell's Chunky Slow Cooker Stew
- 4 large cans of Campbell's Chunky Beef Stew with Country Vegetables
- 5 large Russet Potatoes
- 5 large carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lb ground lean beef
- Beef stock
- Cut up carrots, onions, celery and add to crock pot
- Brown lean ground beef add
- Open 4 cans of soup
- Add 2 cans of water
- After 2 hours of cooking on high - add barley and beef stock
- Cook on high for 3 hours minimum before serving
- Let stew stand for 1/2 hour before serving. Make sure you turn it down to warm.
I like using Campbell’s Chunky Soup as a base for my stew because the flavors are so amazing. Adding your own ingredients to it also spices things up. I find adding hamburger makes it meaty which my kids love. But you can also use stew beef, or swap soups and do a chicken.